Office Evolution: Turnkey office franchise creates an entrepreneurial haven for the mobile workforce
Office franchise provides recurring revenue to owners; flexibility and services to expanding businesses
Office Evolution is a fast-growing office space franchise that provides executive suites, flexible office spaces and virtual offices to the nation’s growing ranks of independent professionals and small businesses.
There are approximately 24 million non-employer businesses in the United States, according to the IRS, and more than 3.5 million businesses in the United States with four employees or less, according to the Small Business Administration. At the same time, technology and competition for talent has led more corporations to allow employees to work remotely.
Office Evolution’s business model — which includes executive suites, co-working spaces, and shared conference rooms that can be rented and reserved — is designed be convenient for these professionals. An attractive membership program as well as a variety of a la cart workspace and office support programs offer professionals a number of different ways to use Office Evolution. While other executive suite and co-working businesses typically focus on large downtown spaces, our strategy calls for a network of smaller offices spread throughout a city, servicing the entrepreneurs who live nearby while also providing them service at any Office Evolution business center — whether it’s across town or across the country.
What makes this a compelling investment?
Office Evolution is ideal for entrepreneurs who are looking for a business that generates recurring revenue, is highly scalable, and can be managed effectively with a time commitment of just a few hours a week. It’s also perfect for people who enjoy the energy of entrepreneurship and want to create an environment that fosters creativity and growth.
Here are some of the factors that set us apart as a business opportunity:
- Residual income. Other executive suite and co-working firms offer space to work. We also offer services that help clients more easily manage their business and serve their customers. Office Evolution clients sign monthly memberships, but they typically remain members for several years. They stay because of our flexible spaces and because of the services offered by our professional Business Center Managers and call center.
- High-growth industry. Executive suites, co-working spaces and virtual offices are exploding in popularity in response to workforce trends. Many of the 24 million sole proprietors mentioned above are tired of working from home and using Starbucks and Panera for client meetings. As they become successful, they are looking for the next stepping stone to grow their business. We offer a full range of solutions for entrepreneurs — whether they just need a professional mailing address and a board room where they can meet clients, a call service to handle customer inquiries and line up new business, or several adjoining office suites to house a growing staff.
- Multiple revenue streams. Office Evolution owners make money by renting executive suites. They can also earn revenue from hourly fees paid by entrepreneurs to use professional meeting rooms, and by virtual office members who don’t require any private office space at the business center. Instead, virtual members sign up for memberships to establish a professional mailing address and a place to have packages delivered, to pay for call center services provided by Office Evolution’s corporate team, and to gain access to the business lounge, which allows them to occasionally drop in to take advantage of co-working spaces.
- Only one full-time employee needed. Office Evolution locations require just one full-time employee, a professional Business Center Manager who greets clients’ guests and manages day-to-day operations. Business Center Managers are often former business owners themselves.
- Simple to manage. Thanks to the simplicity of operations and the one-employee model, Office Evolution is a simple business to manage as a semi-absentee owner. This allows franchisees to focus on opening additional locations rather than managing the offices themselves.
- Clean, upscale, professional environment. Unlike franchise opportunities selling haircuts or hamburgers, franchisees own a business that is consistently clean, and highly professional. When you interact with your employee and clients, they’ll be professionals.
- Passion for entrepreneurship. “I love being around entrepreneurs,” says founder and CEO Mark Hemmeter. “I don’t care what your business is as long as you want to own a business and start a business. You could be a website developer. You could be in doggie daycare. You can be a lawyer or a therapist. It doesn’t matter to me — but the idea of owning your own business is incredibly empowering, and I love being around those people.” Office Evolution’s spaces and services are carefully designed to help entrepreneurs thrive.
- The opportunity to add value to the local business community. Office Evolution brings entrepreneurs together. Yes, we rent space, but we also serve as a business incubator, with business owners sharing ideas and forming partnerships that power growth. We also host business networking events, which help our clients expand their circles of influence while also drawing in new clients eager to be part of our community.
What is driving the industry’s growth?
With wages largely stagnant for several decades (Bureau of Labor Statistics), many Americans are pursuing business ownership to create their own incomes. At the same time, technology has made it much easier to work from anywhere. Entrepreneurs often start by working from a home office or a coffee shop. It’s a low-overhead solution for people who are bootstrapping their new enterprise — not so different from starting a computer company in your parents’ garage, really.
Eventually, successful business owners need the professional polish of an office where they can meet clients and collaborate with colleagues. They may not need the space every day, or even every month, but they need to have a professional space available when they’re ready to make a big sales pitch to a client and close a deal.
This basic need has led to a revolution in how office space is used, and Office Evolution is on the leading the way by providing flexible agreements and a simple pricing structure. Members can choose from month-to-month tenancies, more traditional six- or twelve-month agreements that carry discounts and other incentives, and virtual membership packages that provide a business address, phone services and both on-demand and shared office and meeting room space. Office Evolution also offers additional onsite services that make operating a small business easier for members and drive additional revenue for Franchise Owners. Members enjoy 24/7 access to accommodate their specific work schedules and the needs of their customers, as well as access to other Office Evolution locations nationwide.
It’s not just small businesses that need the flexibility. Large corporations are increasingly leasing executive suites to establish satellite offices in new parts of the country in order to compete for clients and for talented employees. Flexible office options allow corporations to test potential expansions.
Who are Office Evolution’s clients?
Our clients have an amazing mix of backgrounds, and run a huge variety of businesses, but they fall into three basic buckets:
Growing small businesses. These are entrepreneurs who have outgrown their ability to run the business by themselves out of their home office. They’re great at attracting clients, and now they need some administrative help, professional services, and professional meeting areas to grow to the next level.
Large corporations with dispersed workforces. Software companies, accounting firms, law firms and other companies may have employees stationed near a key client. These companies need flexible office space.
Virtual clients. These are clients who want to use a professional mailing address or answering services to increase the professional appearance of their home-based business. They also enjoy dropping in to use co-working spaces and to be around other business people. In addition, the ability to rent meeting space is a huge plus as they work to impress clients.
An office home base, accessible on-demand, with great support services is a compelling offering to many on-the-go professionals and small businesses.
Do I qualify?
The startup costs for an Office Evolution franchise range from $150,500 to $530,000. Candidates should have $150,000 in liquid capital and a net worth of $300,000 to get started. To learn more, fill out a form on this page to download our free executive summary or click the button below to continue researching our brand.